Terms of Business - Please Read Before Entering Online Catalog
At www.RacingNorton.co.uk we are real bike enthusiasts and our primary business objectives are to provide quality products for historic motorcycles and great Customer Service.
However, we are also a very small team – consisting of myself: Paul Norman (the founder and owner of the business – who does the manufacturing and supply side of the business) and Stephanie – my daughter, who from January 2017 has stepped in to replace Steve - who previous customers will know dealt with all customer orders from 2014-2016. My daughter is very friendly and efficient but only works part time and is not a motorcycle person (despite my best attempts!), so please bear this in mind – she will only pick what you have ordered online.
Because of this - we have to operate some terms of business different to other similar part’s business which have full time employees and more staff.
It is important that you read these conditions and fully understand them before entering:
We want to serve you as best as we possibly can and ensure you are not disappointed, but if you feel these terms do not suit your needs – or you need parts in an urgent hurry . . . then we respectively ask that you do not place orders with us, as we may not be able to meet your needs:
www.RacingNorton.co.uk Trading Terms and Conditions:
– Sorry no exceptions and orders placed in any other way (i.e. by e-mail) will not get picked up. The online order generates all the invoice/postage paperwork and is required to allow Steph (who works in our office) to be able to see and pick the order – our business is geared only to work in this way, there are absolutely no exceptions to this.
If you are wondering why we keep labouring this point – it is because that even now (Jan 2017) after having operated this system for the last 5 years – we constantly kept being sent orders by email or other methods . . . apologies but absolutely no exceptions – if you cannot place an order yourself through this online catalog, please ask a family member to do so, nothing else can be accepted
– if you have forgotten anything on your original order, just place a new online order and it will be handled separately.
- Because we only operate part time the original order will often be packed ready to send before emails asking for additional items are received – causing delays and confusion to the customer, therefore – just place a new order which ensures it will not get missed
- we aim to try and respond to customer’s orders within 1 to 2 weeks, and pick them ready for posting within a further two weeks – but sometimes this can be longer (much longer with big orders or if items are out of stock!).
Update 2022: In the last six months we have had periods of family illness - and this may continue ongoing in the future - there please bear in mind - although we try to get out orders as soon as possible - we cannot deal with orders required in a hurry.
Sorry, but if you require items quickly - we would rather you do not place an order with us, than risk you being disappointed
This is the most important term of our business . . . our working hours are not able to change because of our other non-motorcycle work commitments
– Although we sometimes update a Product Listing description if we know an item is going to be out of stock for a long period, due to the number of items we list and the speed that some run out, it is impractical to mark every item as out of stock.
- Therefore, we will always email back to the customer any items currently out of stock, and ask if the customer wants to wait, or proceed with the order ‘as is’
- Note: some of the items we produce can be out of stock for long periods of time – i.e. valves, pistons etc. This is because we are only a small business with limited funds and some items require a big investment from manufacturers to make it cost effective to proceed. Therefore these items are taken in strict order of funds being available!
Many of the items we sell have a stock count against them - which will show green bars if the item is in stock, but red if out of stock. This is 99% accurate - but can occasionally be behind the actual stock postion by a few days. If you order something that is showing out of stock (red) we will normally tell you when they will be back in stock - and you will not be charged for these items until they are back in stock.
– Please ensure the address you enter when placing your order is the address you wish the items to be posted to. Sorry, but we cannot send to alternate addresses emailed to us later (and this has caused many problems in the past – as often these notes are picked up after we have posted)
– We use (United Kingdom) Royal Mail or Royal Mail Parcelforce services for all postage (not couriers). Although not the cheapest, we have found this the most reliable service. We add a TRACKING NUMBER to any order history (i.e. online) with a value of £25 or over
- If your package does not arrive, please use the online order TRACKING NUMBER to confirm status of the parcel (it is not unusual to find that the postman has tried to deliver, found no one available and the parcel is waiting in the local postage depot for the customer to collect).
- Tracking a parcel for Royal Mail is easy, just go to: www.royalmail.com for Royal Mail or www.parcelforce.com for Royal Mail Parcel Force. The confirmation of posting email we send to all customers will confirm which postage service has been used .
- When emailing us for the tracking details - please bear in mind we use Royal Mail Drop and Go service. It may be a few days after the postage date that we receive back the tracking details from the last batch of paockages posted - therefore, it may be a few days from date of posting until we have the tracking details available online. However, if you email us - we will endeavour to get the tracking number to you as quickly as possible, to confirm delivery status
- Unfortunately, If a parcel is lost (a very rare event) – any claim to Royal Mail (or Royal Mail Parcelforce) needs to be made by the customer. We will help in any way we can, and supply paperwork – but Royal Mail (Parcel Force) ask that it is the customer submitting claim to ensure full value of insurance is paid
- If you do not want to pay for postage insurance you can opt to go for a lesser (non-tracked) service, but all responsibility and liability for lost parcels (and tracing lost parcels) will lie with the customer. By default we will quote for tracking on orders of £25 or over, unless the customer states otherwise when placing the order
Our standard payment method is - PayPal Invoice
That means we do not take payment at checkout, instead we pick your online order, confirm all parts are in stock (and deduct them from the total if they are not), weigh the package - then we will email you a final PayPal invoice with postage cost (at cost only, we do not make profit from postage)
Payment types PayPal accepts are:
Other Payment types accepted:
When you receive the PayPal Invoice for payment - there will be payment details and a link to make online payment, as well as an attached .PDF file listing your full finalised order details.
When making payment - we request that the amount we receive is the full amount stated in the invoice (i.e. Cost of parts + postage/packing cost)
9. Returns Policy
Many of the items shown in the catalog are made in small batches by high quality engineering companies, or come from trusted manufacturers and suppliers. While we endeavour to ensure our parts are made to the highest possible standards, as the fitment and use of these parts is governed by many factors outside our control, we can accept no liability for any failure of parts.
This is a condition of our business and by placing an online order with us you are deemed to have accepted these conditions. However, we offer a full money back guarantee if you are not satisfied (within 15 days + transit time of posting) on any item. We also understand that some parts are ordered in advance of a restoration and try to be sympathetic to this.
Please Note: if returning parts because you have ordered the wrong part in error - they must be sent back in exactly the same condition as sent - and in original packing. Regretfully we we cannot accept any parts that have already been trial fitted or marked in any way - as we will not be able to resell them. Therefore please check any parts are correct for your needs before fitting
We are committed to providing the best service we possibly can, and helping likeminded enthusiasts to ourselves to rebuild their pride and joy . . . but we ask that to maintain this service, you read and understand these terms – and by entering this site and placing an online order with us, you have accepted them
Very Best Regards
Paul Norman. March 2022